Personal Coaching Plan
Coach Dorrer’s personal coaching plans are designed to maximize potential using scientific principles that consider volume, frequency, duration and intensity over a periodized schedule. In addition to noticing improved performance, athletes who follow a periodized training plan are less likely to over-train with “junk miles” or encounter injury.
What is a Personal Coaching Plan? It is the highest level of coaching service available. Coach Dorrer designs an annual training plan (ATP) and customized workouts for each individual athlete with their specific goals in mind. The workouts are developed weekly or bi-weekly and uploaded to the athlete’s training account which is provided by the coach. This periodized training schedule is both flexible and designed around the athlete’s personal lifestyle. It is very detailed and allows progression of training to maximize athlete potential.
Who is it for? Coach Dorrer creates personal coaching plans for triathletes, runners, cyclists, swimmers, Canadian ski marathoners, winter triathletes and adventure racers. She coaches everyone from beginners to world champions. However, interested athletes must have the desire to improve or achieve, and the discipline to keep track of their training.
How many athletes do this? Coach Dorrer creates personal plans for a maximum of 20 athletes at a time. This allows the best attention to detail possible for these athletes.
What are the athlete expectations? Athletes who purchase a personal coaching plan are expected to keep their training peaks account up to date by regularly marking workouts as complete, filling in or synching their data, and writing comments about their workout as necessary. Without this information, the coach cannot accurately monitor volume and progression or build an appropriate plan. Athletes who do not complete this information at least once weekly risk being dropped as a client by the coach. Communication is a big part of training success, so expect to communicate with your coach through your training peaks workouts or by sending an email each week.
How do I track and update my workouts? It is easy! Once the coach creates your account, you can access your training plan three ways:
1. The home page of the coachdorrer.com website
2. The training peaks website on your computer, phone or iPad,
3. Free training peaks app that you can download onto your phone or iPad.
Once in your account, you can easily see your daily workouts and mark them as complete, incomplete or write notes to your coach. You will also receive your workouts daily by email for quick reference. More instruction will be provided once you sign up.
Do I need a heart rate monitor? Coach Dorrer requires all athletes to use a heart rate monitor for training. In order to see all training data (mileage, heart rate, power, speed, time, etc) it is important to have one that syncs automatically to your training peaks and uploads the results of your training. Her favorite is the Garmin 920XT or the newer 935XT model. This, or most Garmin devices and some other brands, will upload all the data the coach needs. The more information the coach gets from your workouts, the better the training will be for you!
How long is the training plan? Once you and Coach Dorrer have determined you are a good fit for each other, you can purchase a plan package below. Most of Coach Dorrer’s athletes receive training plans year round. They are periodized based on where the athlete is in their training cycle – base, build, peak, race or transition (off-season).
What do I receive when I purchase a plan? Upon purchasing a plan, you will receive an email within 48 hours requesting you to complete a few forms and a waiver. The coach will review the forms and set up a time to contact you for more details. You will then receive:
- Initial Phone Consultation (30 minutes)
- Review of athlete history
- Goals and objectives outline
- Annual Training Plan (ATP) development with an outline of your training and racing season
- Customized weekly training schedule delivered to your private account electronically
- Weekly or bi-weekly updates, monitoring and feedback of workouts in Training Peaks or by email
- Premium Training Peaks account allowing you to see more workout stats
- Premium Training Peaks account allowing athletes to move workouts around as desired unless locked in a certain day by the coach
- Ability to upload your data automatically to your plan from Garmin and most other devices
- A strength training program to incorporate with your training
- Heart Rate Zone establishment for bike and run
- Swim pacing
- Power Zones for the bike (when applicable)
- Regular contact with the coach via email
- Phone consults as initiated by the client (30 min 1x week)
- Analysis of submitted short video footage of swim, bike, run – monthly as requested
- Pre and post-race contact to discuss strategy and results
Note – all classes, clinics, personal training and personal coaching with Coach Dorrer are purchased separately.
Personal Coaching Plan Pricing:
- 12 week minimum: $525
- Monthly after minimum: $175
- Coach Dorrer reaches maximum capacity quickly. Please inquire HERE on availability. Accepted athletes will receive an invoice for the number of weeks of training requested. Invoices can be paid by check, cash, Venmo or PayPal (credit card).
Important Information! These training plans are for healthy adults 18 years of age and older only. Clients must have a doctor’s approval to begin physical activity and be healthy enough to engage in physical activity. Any concerns or limitations can be reviewed by the coach before you purchase a plan by emailing Christina@CoachDorrer.com with a description of your concerns or limitations. Upon purchase of a plan, you will receive an email from the coach within 48 hours to schedule your initial phone consultation and to determine a start date for your training. Health history forms and a waiver are required before beginning the program. All information provided is confidential.
All plans must be paid in full. No refunds provided.
START ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS TODAY!